What kind of message is this?

Hello

I'm inquiring because I'm curious about a message on the server.

The server is netra T4-1. The message is as follows.

Dec 20 05:22:04 [10.157.148.83.195.139] 1115242: AP:843d.c664.8960: *Dec 19 20:22:03.035: %LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Save LWAPP Config: error saving config file

What kind of message?

It's an error message with error above, as stated.

It's an error message :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your answer, but I don't think it's the answer I want.

Well, I answered the question you asked :slight_smile:

Maybe try asking a better question if you want a different answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is the answer from ChatGPT.... :slight_smile:

This message is an error message generated by a device running the Lightweight Access Point Protocol (LWAPP). The message indicates that there was an error saving the configuration file on the device.

The device is identified by its MAC address, which is shown in the message as 843d.c664.8960. The device is connected to a network with the IP address 10.157.148.83, and the message was generated on December 20th at 05:22:04.

It is possible that the device encountered a problem while attempting to save its configuration, or there may have been an issue with the device's memory or storage. It is also possible that there was a problem with the network.

2 Likes

Helo,

Given the mention of LWAPP, and the appearance of what may be a MAC address (a network interface's physical link-layer address), I'd assume this error relates to a wireless access point that is acting as a Lightweight Wireless Access Point Protocol provider, and that the aforementioned LWAPP is having difficulties in saving a configuration file of some sort. Lastly, the "LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG" log identifier sounds very Cisco-ish to me, so that would tend to further corroborate this as being an error that's coming from a Cisco wireless access point of some kind.

Beyond that, this is an error unique to your own local environment and setup, and you would be best to refer to someone else on-site who is more familiar with the equipment in question to determine what this particular error is likely to mean in your own context. It's not a UNIX error as such, as I say, as it appears to be coming from a Cisco (or Cisco-style) network device and is being sent to the UNIX box which is acting as a syslog server.

4 Likes

Thank you, that seems to be the correct answer.
Thanks to you, I was able to solve my curiosity.

Best regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.