Thanks for spending time with us

Hey there. We see you’ve been busy reading, which is fantastic, so we’ve promoted you up a trust level!

We’re really glad you’re spending time with us and we’d love to know more about you. Take a moment to fill out your profile, or feel free to start a new topic.

Thanks,

However, most of the time you mentioned, I spent polishing CSS styles of your site as displayed in every browser I use with regard to colours and fonts which I found rather hard on the eyes (a very narrow dynamic range centred around dark brown and lightgray). If interested, I can send a CSS "table" I came up with which made the site a tad more lively, although it's still much left to do.

Best regards,
scrutinizerixx

You can choose any one of ten site themes from the hamburger menu:

See also:

Here's a video I recorded so you could see the grand picture for yourself. Dropping a link Community's styles CSS-ed.

I see that there's more work needed on my part to make it fully compatible with my perception and taste but I think you got an idea. The idea is that different elements, especially overlapping ones, should allow for more contrastingly pronounced view by the user (e.g. using text colour should raise the text above the background colour not make it blend so it's indistinguishable - additional strain on the eyes and isn't welcome). Also, as a general rule, darker colours produce heavier feel, that of something impenetrable as opposed to lighter ones which make the design feel lite and inviting. For example, in this text composer, the hyperlinked and recipient name text coloured with the colour #0f82af should've been changed to the one that stands out better against the backdrop.

Hey @anon83754119

Discourse is open source and you can create any theme you wish.

Our current "dark" default is cherished by our users and you can can select any of the 10 themes we have available or design your own.

Since our current dark theme is unmodified "discourse standard" if you have any complaint about it, your energy and efforts should be posted here:

Many of us use the dark theme daily on mobile and desktop and we love it.

Themes are a personal choice.

If you want a different theme, please select from the hamburger menu or design your own theme for Discourse and let us know when it is ready over at meta discourse.

Cheers!

See also:

Please design some great themes for the Discourse community and let us know when you have completed your design for us to check out!

Well, I'm glad that most of you like the dark theme, but even if a few of us don't I think it's still a matter of significance for the opinion of those few being considered. Specifically, I was pointing out to the obvious discrepancies and misused styles that hamper navigating, viewing, reading and choosing and it isn't a personal choice but best practices of a good design. Barely grey colour isn't suitable both against white and every shade of grey: the brighter the background the darker the text and vice versa. Also, there's a subject of wasted space: the user's infobox looks too big to cram the much smaller username in the far left corner, and the profile picture is not aligned properly in relation to the left edge because its padding is non-existent; the padding should've been considerably larger to allow for the placement of the left margin which separates the edge of the box from the profile picture. Thus, the proper spacing should be set or the profile picture could be positioned in the centre of the box, etc.
I came to the site not to create themes but to use it according to its main and the only purpose - the declared one. As a user I think I can make a few suggestions pertaining to your site's design and expect them to be taken into account which is never a bad thing.

Cheers

As i mentioned, you can develop and share any Discourse theme you like

Discourse is open source.

Please publish your finished theme on meta when you are done and let us know you have published a new Discourse theme for the Discourse community.

Thanks.

https://meta.discourse.org/tag/theme-full