So... What are you listening to?

Hi guys, lets make this more interesting... I'm sure you listen to something when your working on a project or something... I know, I do, helps with concentration.

Track: ����֮�� (King of sad songs)
Artist: -�ǧ�� Miriam Yeung

Lovely forum BTW! :smiley:

Track: Psuedo-Storm
Artist: Thermaltake

I burn my own CD's from mp3's that I rip from my real CD's. Then I listen to stuff a CD at a time rather than listening to a single track. If I must pick a single track it's gotta be a long one. So:

Track: Fantasia Lindum
Artist: Amazing Blondel

There's a fantasic not-so-new technology called `playlists'. Check'em out. ;o)

I've been listening to a ton of Iced Earth lately. Their latest album has a 3-part song called "Gettysburg" which is over half an hour long! It is very unusual for a metal song in that it teaches a history lesson. I learned more about the Battle of Gettysburg listening to this than I ever did in history class. The lyrics are basically several small "snapshots" telling the story with musical interludes between them. Some lyrics are dialog - for example one part where a Rebel soldier tells of his best friend who fights for the North and how he wants God to strike him down before he has to kill his friend. Other parts are more narrative in nature. The music is great too. Tons of tempo and style changes, and they even mixed in a 55 piece symphony orchestra with their guitar and drum work in order to establish different moods for different parts of the song.

Check it out, I bet you'll like it.

I have a small guitar studio in my office, currently working on songs from Niel Young "Rust Never Sleeps" , and some classic blues including "All Your Love" "Crossroads" "Born Under a Bad Sign"......

And a lot more, both acoustic (Taylor) and electric (PRS Artist) using a Fender Deluxe amp driven by a Line 6 Pod and floorboard :wink:

Mostly listening to Powderfinger. If I had to pick one track, then probably Passenger.

Great idea for a thread, by the way.

emperor is a metal band that is by far my favorite.

i have ripped all of my cds to my computer, and have set up apache to stream mp3s with a perl module. it works great, i have it password protected with an .htaccess file. i can listen to all of my music anywhere in my house, and even at my friends houses if they haev a dsl or cable line!
96 mp3s work the best, but sometimes even 128 will stream very well over the net.

Well after all the $$ I spent on my stereo there's no way I'm listening to music on my computer. Play lists?? I would be delighted if my CD player would simply accept a rewritable CD.

Great choice. =)

Beethoven 2nd Symphony at the same level of volume I would play Metalica's Sandman (which would be next in the line up)

I have ripped all my music to PC.
I like Yanni, Keiko Matsui, Tim Jannis and most Fav: Jewel.

Yanni will be best to listen while working ....

I dig these guys!!
Ass whoppin Rockin Blues derivitive original music.

http://www.jonkleincombine.com/jkc/home.php

Anything classical or blues. Or jazz (within reason - some Jazz is nonsense).

Especially classical guitar music - helps my concentration. And, strangely, The Darkness!

Peace
ZB

I have my CD ripped into MP3 and are loaded into my Dell Digital DJ Jukebox, which i carry on me, Its great to listen while working.

I probably listen to Rap and Hip Hop.

Swaraj

if anyone is into metal, rothmetal.com is cool. its streaming radio, and with a stream ripper like, well streamripper you can start increasing your collection very easily! :smiley:

You guys get to listen to music? I get to listen to endless droning voices on conference calls...

I dont understand one thing about conference calls, If people are on meetings all day, when do they actually work ?

No offenses to anyone....

Swaraj

GET AN IPOD!!

heh i too rip all my cd's to mp3 but i keep a master copy on my PC and a 2nd copy on my iPOD.

im no where near the 40gb limit on my ipod and currently it would take 18 days 14 hours 27 minutes 42 sec befor i hear the same track over again.

if i am working on something IE codeing then i listen to metal or tecno (i can tune out the music so it becomes a good background sound for me.

if i am just putzin around then its usually hiphop. when i listen to hiphop the beat and lyrics are to non consistant so i cant tune it out and i end up hearing the song.

Pink Floyd suites. And mostly altRock bands.