Download file in sco openserver release 5 with command

hi everybody,

am new to unix, and am in front of a old version of it ( sco openserver release 5.0.5) using virtual box
Now i need to download a installation (program developed with abal ) file that i uploaded to internet , i tried the wget and curl command but the system do not recognize them,
plz help me to resolve my problem

Hello,

Welcome to the forum ! If you have neither wget or curl installed, you might want to see if you have command-line browsers such as lynx or links available on your system. Alternatively, if you have Perl installed, and either already have (or can obtain via CPAN or elsewhere) the LWP packages, you might find you have the command-line interfaces to those available, such as lwp-request, lwp-download, or the GET command. Failing that, you could resort to writing a script in a language that has HTTP functionality built-in to do what you need, if you have such a scripting language available on your system.

But a better bet all round, if none of these are available and there's no easy way to make them available, would just be to download what you need elsewhere then transfer it over to the SCO box by some other means, such as FTP, SSH/SCP/SFTP, an NFS mount, or whatever means your virtualization platform supports for adding shared storage between the host and the guest.

Hope this helps !

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply i 'll try to do so

1 Like

See rsync binaries for SCO here (also has wget and curl binaries, etc):

https://www.aljex.com/bkw/sco/index.html

Reference (www.unix.com, 08-13-2010):

3 Likes

wget is included in the GNU utilities that you can download from SCO (xinuos.com). You will have to set up an account to download.
curl appears to be part of the Xwindows package, which might not have been installed during the initial system set up.

3 Likes

@sigmatop: Welcome to the forum!

1 Like