Any Android Developers in the Forums?

I'm about to make the switch over to Android OS for my mobile phone. I'm thinking my first Android phone might be something like a Samsung Galaxy S or an HTC Desire HD, or I might wait for one of the new Android tablets coming out later this year (like the Samsung 7" tablet on Android).

Was thinking about installing the Android SDK as well.

Any Android Developers out there?

Followup:

I've been hacking more into Android lately and running basic Linux commands.

Very cool to have a mobile running a type of Linux OS.

I'm surprised more people here are not interested in Android; after all, it is definitely a Unix-like OS. It's a special version of Linux running Java-type apps.

I will be starting off on an Android project soon. Basically port our product to the Android platform.

Will you be developing using the Android Eclipse plugin or the SDK?

The Android Eclipse plugin aids in development in such a way that the developer only needs to focus on writing code and need not know how the build and packaging of the .apk are done. These are done by the SDK tools. So the SDK is pretty much needed.

I will be developing using the Android Eclipse plugin with Android SDK 1.5.

What apps are you going to develop? Is that something you can share?

Apps related to application provisioning and device management on Android.

Once the release is done, it will be part of the Oracle Database Lite Mobile Server and you could download and use it for free.

Very interesting. Thanks for the update.

That means you will be able to develop a very nice Android CNET style RSS reader for the forums easily soon! :smiley:

Users in the company are raving about Android, especially considering what they were switching away from. We have developers in Asia and most people we recruit in the Asian region have some Android experience. This OS is going to make it big.

As far as I read it's the leading OS in mobile devices on the US market, outpacing both RIM and Apple. I have a colleague around who's writing a simple game for start, and he's already amazed by the power he has.

I playing with the API, I just know the basics I hope 'till the end of March I'll submit some apps to android market.