Which Tablet to Choose?

Currently in the process of looking for a tablet. Which one is best? Thanks Benjamin Mauerberger

I'm thinking of a new Android tablet; including the big Samsung Galaxy on the way; but the market is evolving so far and fast this year, I am waiting. I also like the new iPad 2 (white ones), fully loaded with WiFi and GPRS, but I've yet to "take the plunge" since I'm waiting to buy the new Samsung Galaxy S2 with 4.3 inch AMOLED .... and I'm so happy with my 13 inch Mac Book Air ...

So many gadgets, so little money :slight_smile:

I've got an original Ipad and I have to admit, it's pretty sweet. I haven't had a chance to try out any of the other tablets. If you can get over using the Itunes store and sync options it's good. Netflix is no problem, plenty of free apps to keep you cover most of what you want to do and a lot of the usefull programs are very inexpensive. Just my two cents. I haven't really had a problem with it and it's very handy.

I thought this one looks promising:

Toshiba Tablet

Maybe a bit large though.

After much consideration I decided to restrain myself and wait, wait for newer models the prices of the older models will come down .. but then again maybe .... I could still decide on a laptop vs tablet.

Sure a tablet has the cool factor when you're at the cafe sipping your latte with pretty girls around playing with their gadgets and you have one too as well (, and it's great for reading ebooks, email, watching movies without getting out from your bed but it's not really a machine for working is it? You can't really type too fast for hours on end on a tablet vs using a laptop keyboard. With a laptop I look straight with a tablet a have to look down, If I have to sit that way for hours to work I think I gonna crane my neck.

So yeah unless the price is like really really cheap I could get a tablet but I think I'll probably still settle for a laptop.

You can always get a table docking station or bluetooth keyboard if you need to "type away"; but I agree with you and think my MacBook Air is far superior to tablets; so I am like you, waiting for the price to come down and for the Android tablet OS and market to mature. I can't find an easy fit for a tablet between my MBA and my Samsung Galaxy SII for another device. The MBA is light, powerful and works well just about every place I would use a tablet; except where I use a phone; and my new 4.3in AMOLED screen on the GSII is more than "good enough" for all other places where a bigger, heavier tablet might come into play.

I'm also in "wait mode" for a tablet, like you. I did not feel this way before I purchased my MBA, BTW.

check out my new laptop bought at a recent exhibition :smiley:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks- ASUS K43SV

very nice aluminium exterior casing, ergonomic "chiclet" keyboard, it runs the latest intel i7 has 8gb main memory, 1 gb video memory dedicated on nvidia, a huge drive and 3 year international warranty. Ok maybe it runs windows 7 but I can still run centos on vmware off it.

did I mention it's fast? :stuck_out_tongue:

...and before people panic at that, "chiclet" doesn't mean the thing it used to mean. :slight_smile: Some chiclet keyboards are actually fairly decent now

chiclet as in the shape of the candy shown in this link So what is a ?chiclet? keyboard anyway? | Netbook Choice

it's nice to type on.

what was your definition of chiclet ?

membrane keyboard prettied up with protruding keys that don't actually move. Many early model computers were infamous for their "chiclet keyboards".