Whats Behind Your Name?

Interesting. Jet Li plays 'the nameless one' in the martial arts movie "Hero" currently in theaters.

Eventhough "Anamika" is a gender neutral name...it is mostly used as a feminine name...

I got mine from a Saturday Night Live skit that really tickled my funny bone. It was an episode with Nicholas Cage.

Nicholas Cage and "wife" are thinking of a name for their unborn child that is due soon.

She suggest names like "Dick" and he retorts that kids would make fun of the name.

They continue back and forth and each time he shoots down the name because the kids will make fun of the name.

The wife looks as Cage and asks him, "Honey? Did kids make fun of your name?" "No, not at all!" he retorts.

A knock at the door leads in a telegraph delivery person who reads the telegraph, "Congratulations to Julie and Asswipe".

He yells backs angrily, "Ahz-whip-ay! Ahz-whip-ay!"

So I started using Auswipe.

I have a Ph.D from Meskatonic U in Thamaturgy on my wall at work.

And since this is an off-topic forum and this comment is off-topic:

The Dallas Inwood is showing Evil Dead II this Friday and Saturday for the midnight movie. Boy am I stoked!

:smiley: cheers! haha:)
i have been writing scripts all day and am feeling pretty Zazzy..
mouin 05/28/68:cool: :wink: :rolleyes:

I like greek literature and from there I got my cyber name \( Polymorphous\) which means that I can change into many forms...as you might know Poly = Many & Morphous = Form so I united these words and there came my cyber name! Polymorphous....

Thanks everybody , this site have not only become an asset to me but also a classroom where I am learning what i could never learn otherwise!

Viva Unix.com !!!!

:wink: Polymorphous

So you see, 5 yers ago I played with my friends in CS 1.5
When I wroute name I made a mistake, so "Romb" became my nick name

well, im new to the forum..
and.. here's where my name came from.. actually... l33ts... is ST33L written backwords... that's my usual nick.. but actually i do like more l33ts

Mine is a plane one too. I have been using this for everywhere since 1998. name Murat Ahat, so murataht appeared to be a sort of 8 character abbreviation of my full name. not very imaginative.

Even though I'm a new guy here,
Bru was the nick name I was given at my first base, one of the guys thought my name was spelled bru... insetad of bur... and it stuck, I even had the commander calling me Bru!

-Adam

Hi !
My name is Sergiu... actualy, it's a little bit longer. My real name is TOT Ioan Sergiu (I'm romanian :slight_smile: ). My nickname is simply my real name, in a little bit randomized order ( Sergiu-IT ) :wink:
Of course, you can read IT like all other computer technicians, I don't mind :smiley:

Well loong story short...

I am/was a RPG gamer back in my miguided happy youth... The first ever role-playing game I ever played... well, I dabbled with D&D no not AD&D back in highschool in 79-83, but yes later I did play AD&D....as a young adult.

When I went to college, some friends of mine were playing a fairly new game "RuneQuest" which I started playing. My first character was a sniveling little theif named Malek named after a character from an episode of "HE-Man: Masters of the Universe". Well he died a miserable death.... so for my second toon, I reversed the name to Kelam and surname of Magnus, since he was a Troll and Magnus seemed ominous and threatening...

In recent years of the inception of online message boards I kept the name as my screen name. Sometimes run together or with an underbar Kelam_Magnus.

Ergo Kelam Magnus was born, circa fall 1985.

And now you know "the REST of the Story"

Yea right BOB!!!

And I'm guessing your going to tell us that aint your real picture either!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Means wine in Italian !!!! And yeah, its my name too... :wink:

Have to agree with the Latin saying 'in vino veritas' (in wine is truth).

Cheers,
v

well, for a while i went by Ettilia, becuase i knew a guy called attilia and wanted to put my own spin on it :wink: then, i got bored of that and went by E77 and once a guy called me Ee77 by accident and it seemed cool.

It is well known that "Bob" is a nickname for robert in modern times, a lesser known nickname for robert is that of "Hob". Hob is a nickname for robert from the "Middle English" dialect. This is the version of english spoken and written around the late middle ages. Thus my username can be percieved like "RobertTheRobert" which is redundant. As I always like to say "Simplicity in redundancy, and elegance in simplicity" :smiley:

Hmm... Me, I choose Windseer as my username cause, my element is wind .. and i love playing games like GS, in GS theres a level that says windseer, so i choose windseer it sounds cool and its unique ( i guess) :smiley:

Well ,yarx is a simply name ,I like it. :slight_smile:

Well.... mine is my name with the Mizz in front of it.
I started using this years ago for email and login ids and its easy to remember. (its not easy being a blonde unix administrator) :rolleyes: :smiley:

It's my real name. I've been doing this for so long, that monikers were not an option when I started.

If you know what crabs is and where it came from - that's when and where I first hit into unix and C. And I was, um, post-forty then....

Now I'm ex-post facto. :smiley: