What Social Networks Do You Use Regularly?

What Online Social Networks Do You Use Regularly?

I use Facebook and LinkedIn nearly everyday....

You?

If your online social network is not listed, please do a "write in" vote..

Thanks!

I do not use any personally, but I use Twitter for some work purposes.

.... and thank goodness for that... ! :smiley:

.... otherwise you might not be our top contributor !! :b:

Are you telling me these social networking tools aren't the productivity and networking power tools everyone is trying to sell me? :wink:

Haha... it's hard to get folks to actually work when they are glaring at their FB app on their smartphone all day... Heck.. it's hard to go out on an enjoyable date anymore and keep her attention... sometime just at dinner and message back and forth while eating...LOL

Facebook only...

On a few ancient MLs and I am a moderator for ACE Basic Compiler ML for the AMIGA, (C) David Benn...

On a few forums, this, obviously, being one.

Loadsa email addies, my oldest is, still current, a numerical compuserve address about 25 years old now...

Regularly.. I use LinkedIn every two-three weeks, does that count?

I am still curious what is actually meant by Web 2.0 in terms of the societal impact it was supposed to herald. Life would be awfully difficult without at least one email address and a mobile phone number. And before web 2.0 became a household name, most people had SMS to maintain contact with friends and family and it is still widely used today. Yet, none of these are considered components of Web 2.0.

The hallmarks of Web 2.0 are (1) rounded corners and (2) web apps which can modify a web page's contents without modifying the browser's history (so you cannot bookmark where you are or share a link).

At least that's what it means to me.

I'm eagerly anticipating Web 3.0, which is expected to be in 3D and will do away with the URL altogether.

Regards,
Alister

1 Like

Rarely... Youtube

I use only linkedin

Identi.ca, twitter and G+ with a smattering of Failbook and my own statusnet instance.

Haaa. Added Google+ to poll...

Personally, I never use it ... but that's just me... :rolleyes:

How does one vote for "I don't have time, the nearest I have is www.unix.com" ?

Robin

1 Like

Not voting is OK too, since this poll is for users of social media and not really designed for those who not social media users.

Thanks for understanding.

I'd like to cast a write-in vote for unix.com, as this is the only "social network" i use. Privacy is a valuable item these days and i don't think anybody is neither interested in what i had for breakfast today nor in which form it left my digestion system.

I always thought it is funny that everybody on Facebook is toting the "X people like that" where "X" is some really small number. If, say, 537 people like something, this in turn means that 1.1 billion (source: wikipedia) - 537 users don't give a damn. So, in fact, anything short of "500 million people like that" means that a qualified majority couldn't care less.

Quite contrary! My life got a lot easier when i cancelled my mobile phone. I need e-mail (obviously), but i don't have to be available 24 hours/per day just to keep up my illusion of being important. I do not need internet access 24 hours/per day either. Life might be a real bad adventure, but it has helluva 3D-graphics and surround-sound.

I never had a smart phone, i sent maybe 5 SMS in my whole life and generally used my mobile phone as the portable version of my home phone as long as i had one. Call me old-fashioned, but a "phone" for me is something you use to talk with people, not to take pictures, send emails or use "apps". I once had a "Nokia Communicator", because there was a ssh-client available for it, which was handy. As soon as 10''-netbooks were available i got one, installed Fedora and got rid of the Communicator. Soon after i got rid of the old mobile phone i got instead.

bakunin

3 Likes

Agreed. facebook, smartphones, and the like are all things other people want me to have. I have enough interruptions in my life already.

My social networks are unix.com, The Austin Group mailing lists, and LinkedIn. I receive some free text messages from my cell phone carrier (telling me when they're going to take money out of my bank account), but I won't pay the extra fees for texting. I have a smart phone because it gives me one device that gives me access to emergency services when I'm away from home, gives me a way to keep track of my medical issues, and gives me a portable calendar and address book that I can easily sync with the ones on my laptop. My home landline is my primary phone.

Facebook is my best social networking , i am always in facebook.And i like to use Fropper social site also. this is good social network site.we can use webcam for thi site also .

Facebook..