USS (unix) on the Mainframe

am wanting to know if the board is worth my time and effort since I work with USS (Unix System Services) on a Mainframe computer. If there are others who use USS on the Mainframe this will be helpfull. I dont want to spend my time racking up the number of posts I have nor should anyone else.

If a lot of people use USS on the Mainframe then maybe a new category would be helpfull. There are a lot of new products developed for this type of technology.

As well there will be a lot of servers (SUN, AIX) migrating to the Mainframe in the future. The Mainframe is cheaper.

Unix on the mainframe is a bit different then otherwise. Security ,
file systems are a whole new ball game.

Thanks,

as Perderabo said we have ALOT of members. weither or not this board is "worth your time" is what you make of it. If you have a problem relating to something you are doing on UNIX or Linux then by all means use the search function and if you still cant find any help post your question.

If you dont find any of the information usefull then please dont clutter the boards with conversational topics.

We try to help everyone and tend to make new forums as we see new trends pop up and show a strong demand.

Mainframe admins/users are not to high in asking questiosn specific to mainframe.

In my 3?+ years on this board not many people bring up mainframe specific questions. Its mostly unix related questions. and 90% of the times its not platform specific.

If you were interested in getting another forum for mainframe then it would have been much better to post over at "Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators " forum.

But i honestly doubt people are going to flock to the mainframe from there current platforms.

Will the approprate mod please move this to "Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators "

Moderators,

We need to be more inclusive and patient with board users.

I think that Javagate asked a legitmate question. If you don't want to answer, it is OK.

However, please give one of the other many users a chance to reply.

Many thanks,

Neo