Usage of search facilities

The search function, which has recently been revised, has facilities to search at the post level and at the project level. Do we know if searching at the project level is actually used? Do we keep measures on what links users use to search for posts / information?
Perhaps we can make the search functionality more intuitive by removing the "search projects" facilities in case they are little used?

The link to the main search area is here:

The UNIX and Linux Forums - Search Forums

PS: I do not see any "search projects" area in that link.

Do you mind to post either links, screenshots or both?

Thanks!

The search facility is divided into two parts: search forums (which I suspect most people use) and search projects. My question regards the latter.

I agree the projects search options can be removed from the main search drop down menu in the navbar.

Great suggestion.

Removed the project search options from the navbar search menu, unless there are any objects :slight_smile:

Admin Note:

Commented out pt_navbar_search template with vB conditional statement wrapper (false) in same template.

Looks a lot cleaner now, thank you.
By the way, do you keep statistics on what type of links users click on? If so, I would also like to know whether tags are used by users to search forum posts.

Thanks. Yes, we keep stats, and yes tag searches are used by users.

Good to know. Thanks.