Unkown table Engine 'InnoDB' on a RedHat server with MySQL v5!

hi all,

After installing MySQL Source Code on my RedHat machine and compiling it, i no longer have access to some of my DBs having this error message.

Unkown table Engine 'InnoDB'

Before this step, i used to have another MySQL instance that used to work properly with all the DBs i do have, but after installing MySQL 5.1.36 source code and compiling it, if i try the access to some of the DBs ( using this instance of MySQL v5.xx ) i have that Error Message "Unkown table Engine 'InnoDB'" i did not have while using the other instance before.

Also, once on the "mysql" prompt, if you run "show engines" command you don't have any "InnoDB" in the result screen.

Thanx for any kind of help !

Check your my.cnf file, you may need to comment the skip-innodb option.

There is no "skip-innodb..." line, into my "my.cnf" file !!! :frowning:

---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:39 AM ----------

my.cnf file contains ONLY this, is it normal !!!! ??? :

# Use default setting for mysqld processes
!include default_mysqld.cnf

[mysqld.1]

# Run the master.sh script before starting this process
#!run-master-sh

log-bin= master-bin

[mysqlbinlog]
disable-force-if-open

# mysql_fix_privilege_tables.sh does not read from [client] so it
# need its own section
[mysql_fix_privilege_tables]
socket= @client.socket
port= @client.port
user= @client.user
password= @client.password

[ENV]
MASTER_MYPORT= @mysqld.1.port
MASTER_MYSOCK= @mysqld.1.socket

Check this page.

thank you for the link you sent to me, but i do think that is not the same problem since the error message is different, further more the "InnoDB" is starngly not mentionned at all in the "my.cnf" file, is it correct ?! we have another machine and the same file "my.cnf" is totally different from the one i send you before !

Well,
what's the output from:

show innodb status\G

and:

show global variables like 'have_innodb';

I don't know if the configuration file is correct, you may use the defaults for the missing options ...

thank you so much radoulov,

i fixed it just by cancelling the DB, and than making a dump that i restored on the RedHat machine.

thank you again:)

Do you have phpMyAdmin installed?