Unix Scripting Question (Homework)

Hello im currently taking up Operating Systems and we're on unix ryt now. we have to make a script and here are the requirements.. can someone please help me. I would reli appreciate it.. because i dont reli know how to make scripts yet.

Name of script : parkingcharge.sh
Create a script that computes for the total parking charge of a customer. The following information are to be collected as inputs from the standard input :
Plate number (format : 7 characters, the first 3 are characters from ato z followed by a dash followed by a 3 digit number; i.e. : XXX-123)
Time in (format : military time; i.e. 1500 => 3 PM)
Time out (format : military time; i.e. 1900 => 7 PM)
Type of vehicle : can either be the following characeters: L, U or H which stands for Light vehicle, Utility vehicle or heavy vehicle respectively.
The parking lot operates starting at 7 AM and closes at 11:30 PM. The rates of the parking lot is as follows:
Standard parking fee (minimum of 2 hours) - 50 pesos
Succeeding hour or less in excess of 2 hours for :
Light vehicles - 5 pesos
Utility vehicles - 15 pesos
Heavy vehicles - 25 pesos
Futhermore, the maximum parking charge for the following vehicles applies:
Light vehicles - 100 pesos
Utility vehicles - 150 pesos
Heavy vehicles - 250 pesos
The script should be able to validate whether the time in and time out values are VALID inputs based on the value that is entered (time out > time in). Other validations are not to be filtered by the script. The output of the script is the parking charge of the vehicle and its details.
Sample run:
$ parkingcharge.sh
Please enter the plate number (i.e. : AAE-775) : XNY-123
Please enter the type of vehicle (L/U/H) : U
Please enter the time the vehicle entered the parking lot : 0845
Please enter the time the vehicle entered the parking lot : 1915
The vehicle with plate number XNY-123 was parked for 10 hours and 30 minutes. The parking charge for the vehicle is 150 pesos
Try again? : N
Sample run:
$ parkingcharge.sh
Please enter the plate number (i.e. : AAE-775) : GMA-111
Please enter the type of vehicle (L/U/H) : L
Please enter the time the vehicle entered the parking lot : 1245
Please enter the time the vehicle entered the parking lot : 1315
The vehicle with plate number XNY-123 was parked for 0 hours and 30 minutes. The parking charge for the vehicle is 50 pesos
Try again? : N
Note: Make sure the program keeps on repeating until the user enters �N' to quit the program.
Hint : You can use the following commands/control structure to complete your script : expr, if, test, for

Do not post classroom or homework problems in the main forums. Homework and coursework questions can only be posted in this forum under special homework rules.

Please review the rules, which you agreed to when you registered, if you have not already done so.

More-than-likely, posting homework in the main forums has resulting in a forum infraction. If you did not post homework, please explain the company you work for and the nature of the problem you are working on.

If you did post homework in the main forums, please review the guidelines for posting homework and repost.

Thank You.

The UNIX and Linux Forums.