UNIX Internals, Help required...

I know UNIX user level commands, shell scripts. But i have no idea about kernel level programming and networking. I know the terms semaphore,IPC,socket programming. But i don't know in details what are these. I need to know the following.

1. Unix kernel level programming.
  2. Unix Internals.
  3. Unix networking.

Please suggest me some good books as well as any tutorials on net which could give me the above knowledge including semaphores,IPC,socket programming,TCP/IP.

Thanks.

take a look at docs.sun.com. There are many documents in PDF format available for download about Solaris Systems (Unix) and can give you a lot of knoledge about Unix internals an IPC.

HTT

I highly recommend all the books written by Richard Stevens, including: UNIX Network Programming and Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment for system level programming.

For kernel programming, some of the new linux texts on kernel programming are quite good (and you can tweek the code at your leisure!)

I know UNIX user level commands, shell scripts. But i have no idea about kernel level programming and networking. I know the terms semaphore,IPC,socket programming. But i don't know in details what are these. I need to know the following.

1. Unix kernel level programming.
  2. Unix Internals.
  3. Unix networking.

Please suggest me some good books as well as any tutorials on net which could give me the above knowledge including semaphores,IPC,socket programming,TCP/IP.

Thanks.

Check out this site
http://www.intelligentedu.com/blogs/Free\_Computer_Books.php

Moderators,
Can the above URL be added to a more appropriate forum ?

vino