Tripwire Nightware on Linux (proc filesystem)

Hello,

I am having a nightmare with Tripwire on Linux..... I cannot get it to ignore the /proc filesystem, which I want to completely ignore for now

Has anyone here successfully configured Tripwire on Linux and completed ignored the /proc filesystem ?

If so, please reply and tell me how you did it.

Thanks.

Sample junk I want to get rid of .... !! I get tons of these each time I run any update to the database, the config file, run a check, etc. I don't want them at all!

### Continuing...
### Warning: File system error.
### Filename: /proc/3487/task/4589/fdinfo/1879
### No such file or directory
### Continuing...
### Filename: /proc/3487/task/4592/fd/1631
### Continuing...
### Filename: /proc/3487/task/4592/fd/1647
### Continuing...
### Filename: /proc/3487/task/4592/fd/1830
### Continuing...
### Filename: /proc/3487/task/4592/fd/1855

The above is a small sample of the hundreds of /proc errors I get with tripwire.... !

---------- Post updated at 21:04 ---------- Previous update was at 20:10 ----------

Well, I solved it. :smiley:

The problem was that I added a directory to the tripwire that had a very huge file in the path I forgot about. Rebuilding the tripwire policy database failed when it ran into that huge file but the end of the process said "Success!' so it was confusing.

When I removed that object from the tripwire configuration, I could rebuild the tripwire policy database and then the /proc configuration worked.

So, I am making progress on this project .

---------- Post updated at 23:18 ---------- Previous update was at 21:04 ----------

Project completed :smiley: