To Driver

Driver,
Are you an admin? I got banned from the board two times! Is this authorized?

if you were banned, it would probably be due to this thread. you broke several rules, and continued to do so even after being warned by a moderator.

driver is a moderator, you can check and see all mods by going here .

though if your other user names were banned, i dont think driver has the ability to do so, i dont have the ability to do so. asfaik only Neo has the ability to ban users.

so you will have to wait for Neo to chime in for an official explanation.

I do not know...I was working and when I went to post a thread it said that the page was blocked. It would not let me go to my user CP either. I am sorry if I broke rules, and I promise it will never happen again.

To be honest, I can't remember anything about the poster, Computek, if their posts were deleted, etc. Normally, if a poster breaks posting rules repeatedly or blatently, I will change their UID to "read only"........ and for the UID,
Computek, they seem to be "member".....

The thread that was provided as reference does not seem to have anything to indicate a problem, so it might have been a thread which was deleted?

Sorry, I can't remember if I was involved in any action regarding this user.

have you used the site from work before? maybe your company blocks certain websites.

I checked this account and the three different UIDs listed for the poster. The status of his first two are now "awaiting email confirmation" which seems strange since one of the ids has 31 posts.

I also reviewed many of the posts by Computek. Some of them seem a bit sarcastic to me and not in the spirit of the forums; but I don't think I make any account changes and certainly did not change status to "awaiting confirmation".....

Huh...I did my confirmation for sure. I posted posts and you cannot post posts without being confirmed, so what's the deal?

Might be a vBulletin software glitch. I have never seen confirmed users have there status changed to waiting for email confirmation.

I can change your original ID back to a registered user, if you want.

Also, be careful with your posts. There has been some moderator discussion that you are promoting your business on the forums (not allowed) and providing incorrect answers to posters question (not acceptable).

We are glad to have you on board, but I will not hesitate to enforce the forum rules at the moderators discretion.

Neo

You can register and go through confirmation and then post. Then if you change your email address to another address, you must re-confirm. Could that be that problem?

I've been caught out by this in the past - changing my e-mail addy and not re-confirming....... Could well be the root of your problems!

Cheers
ZB

ZB,
What I need to know is how you fix it. How did you fix it???

Well, for me, it was as simple as downloading email from my pop3 account and following the link provided in the e-mail. If you have already deleted the email then theres not too much you can do about it,

Cheers
ZB

If have deleted the email, you might try changing your email address yet again. And this time, open the mail that gets sent and follow the directions. No guarantee that this will work, but it's what I would try.

And all of this assumes that you did change your email address...did you?

yeppers