The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award 2019 - Congrats to RudiC

Please join me in congratulating RudiC for his long overdue lifetime achievement award badge from UNIX.COM in computer wizardry:

"The Order of the Wizard's Hat - Lifetime Achievement Award"

This "Order of the Wizard's Hat" is presented to RudiC for Computer Wizardry in the UNIX Operating Environment, especially the UNIX shell and shell scripting, and for many years dedication to helping all Members at UNIX.COM witnessed by his 13,701 excellent posts and 4,242 user thanks. Thank You from All of Us.

5 Likes

Congratulations RudiC!! So many worthwhile contributions.. Well deserved!..

2 Likes

Many many congratulations Rudi sir. Learnt always great things from you. You ROCK.

Thanks,
R. Singh

2 Likes

Congrats RudiC...

Welcome to we Wizards Club...

You've posted some real gems and I have absorbed them into the old grey matter...

2 Likes

Congratulations, RudiC. For the many times you pointed out the errors in my ways nobody deserved that more than you.

bakunin

2 Likes

Indeed, very well deserved for your patience with me if nothing else.

2 Likes

Hi RudiC,
Yes, indeed. Congratulations on your well deserved award.

Keep up the great work,
Don

2 Likes

One of the crown jewels on these forums.
I've spent a lot of time (and still am), studying and disassembling his awks.
Indirectly, learning coding practices and memory management which can be applied to any language.

Congratulations, thank you and keep it up !

Regards
Peasant.

4 Likes

Congrats and well done Rudi :cool:

2 Likes

Friends, admins, unixmen, (and, of course, women)

thanks to all of you for your acknowledgements, support, and benevolent comments!

I indeed am very happy to be part of this team, and really value to be able to contribute here. I've learned so incredibly many things in the recent 6 1/2 years in these forums, not only on IT related stuff like *nix, admin, shells, awk and other tools, but also on how to view the (not only computer) world, and, last but not least, the English language.

All the best

6 Likes

(Nearly missed this one.)
Congratulations and my admiration of your contribution pensum!

2 Likes