The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History | YouTube Video

I am pleased to announce this new video in 1080 HD for UNIX lovers honoring thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD, celebrating the 50th anniversary of UNIX.

The Great History of UNIX (1969-1999) | 30 Years of UNIX History

https://youtu.be/DXh2_CTJW9w

It's impossible to capture all the major UNIX events over a thirty year period in 150 seconds, but I think we are off to a good start.

This video covers thirty years of UNIX history spanning from 1969 to 1999 presented in 150 seconds (two and a half minutes) in 1080 HD.

Chapter One covers 1969 - 1989. Chapter Two covers 1990 - 1999.

Presented by Daemon Media for UNIX.com

The history of UNIX timeline was from multiple sources but the primary source was The Open Group's PDF poster:

The Single UNIX® Specification History & Timeline

http://bit.ly/2KULzgP

Royalty free music, motion graphics and stock video licensed from Motion Array and Story Blocks.

UNIX history images are fair use images from the public domain.

Please post any comments or suggests for future updates or videos related to the history of UNIX in this discussion thread.

Thank you.

2 Likes

One of the first comments on the new UNIX history video, from a non-unix person with many years experience in video, was:

I'm planning to produce another video on this topic sometime later this year, with a title like "The Dark History of UNIX" where we show the history of the legal and trademark battles that besieged and hurt UNIX in the 2000 - 2010 time frame.

It's not a favorite topic of mine (the years of legal battles), but it might make an informative video and there are "no shortages" of "history videos" that do not cover the years of self-defeating legal wrangling.

1 Like

Over 100 likes and a number of very positive comments on LinkedIn:

1 Like

Wow, As a new user of unix I didn't know that Unix has that old history.

Yes and Thanks.

I made that video for that exact reason, so provide a quick history to the new generation of UNIX and Linux users who are not familiar with the great history.

In addition, I plan a video covering from 1999 to 2019 about the evolution of UNIX into macOS, using the same format.

Great, I Will look forward for the evolution video of UNIX!

Thanks and please don't forget to subscribe to our channel, like the video and also click on the notification icon so you get notifications of new videos.

YouTube ranks and makes videos more visible (rank them higher in recommendations and search results) based on these kind of llkmetrics, so every little bit helps to promote our YT channel and in turn, the forums.

Thank you.

Sure NEO :slight_smile:

338 likes and 25 comments on LinkedIn as of today: