T5120 Factory Initialization

Hello, I am a person who is studying Solaris.

I have T5120 test equipment and currently Solaris 10 is installed. I'd like to reset this equipment and install the OS again, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to reset the factory.

Best regards.

There is no factory reset utility available to the public.
In principle one should delete the logical domains (but 0)

Then I would run "format", select "label", and write a suggested default label to each disk.
Then boot from an install medium. Don't pick any "preserve content" option.

To reset the factory settings on your T5120 test equipment, you will need to perform a cold boot. This can typically be done by turning off the power to the device, unplugging it from the wall, and then holding down the "Stop + N" keys while turning the power back on.

This should cause the device to perform a power-on self-test (POST) and then display the "ok" prompt. At this point, you can enter the command "reset-all" to reset the system to its factory defaults.

Alternatively, you may also be able to reset the system to its factory defaults by using the "ILOM" (Integrated Lights Out Manager) web interface. This interface can be accessed by connecting to the IP address of the device using a web browser. Once you have logged in, you should be able to find an option to "Reset to Factory Defaults" in the system settings.

Once the factory reset is done, you can proceed with installing Solaris 10 again.

See also, the reset options in the service manual:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.