Suspending desktop login Unix tru64

On my HP Alhpha server DS15, after many unexpected restarts I got Suspending desktop login and GUI login screen can't load and flickering but still I can remotely login on a telnet session.
the system is Unix tru64.
I need help ??

The default GUI on Tru64 is CDE. Is that what it is?

https://vdoc.pub/download/tru64-unix-troubleshooting-diagnosing-and-correcting-system-problems-cc78bpklsnu0

This is the Tru64 troubleshooting bible. Chapter 12 discusses problems with display/CDE.

3 Likes

A problem with the Xserver or, more likely, with the graphics card (or its driver).

2 Likes

Flickering often happens when the display settings does not match the monitor.

See for example,

When you look at monitor specifications, you will see a number such as 60Hz, 100Hz, or something else. The number indicates how many refreshes occur per second. On a 60Hz monitor, the screen refresh runs 60 times per second. A 100Hz monitor will refresh 100 times per second. The faster the refresh, the quicker the display reacts to changes and the smoother the experience. This outcome is why 100Hz TVs became so popular and why 100Hz computer monitors are ideal for gaming where the display changes constantly.

Reference:

See also:

The problem has been resolved by :
renaming the directory .X11-unix under tmp directory

1 Like

Thank you everybody

Hmm interesting. Is it filled with (special) files?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.