Support and Discussions for Tide Charts and Tide Tables

This is the discussion thread to ask questions about the tide charts and tables. Please note that all users must register to post here.

List of Supported Tidal Station Maps:

Hi Neo, I really loved your new beta app, if you could give demo to create charts, this helps a lot.

Thanks in advance,

Akshay

Hi Akshay,

My apologies, but I'm quite busy with getting this project done. I'll be able to discuss with you more when I have finished our beta release of all our new maps.

In the meantime, I suggest you simply:

• Google "Google Maps Engine"
  • Read about creating your own Google Map using the Google Maps Engine
  • Read about creating your CSV file needed to import your map data

It's pretty easy if you just do a bit of your own homework; you can learn to do it in less than two hours, maybe for you even in 30 minutes.

1 Like

Thanks Neo...

Hi Akshay,

OK, I've got around six tidal station maps done, which is enough for now.

• Tidal Stations for Australasia and the Far East.
  • Tidal Stations for North America (East Coast and Gulf of Mexico).
  • Tidal Stations for North America (West Coast).
  • Tidal Stations for Europe and Africa.
  • Tidal Stations for South America.
  • Tidal Stations for the Ocean Tropics.

So, I took a look at your data, and saw you have all the info you need and more in your SQL statement.

What you must do is to convert the data fields you want to put on the Google Maps Engine in CSV format. Here is an example from our data:

Note in the first line, to plot on the map using coords, you must label the two fields in the header, exactly:

Lon, Lat

If you go with the "free" version of Google Maps Engine, you can only import 100 points per map (or map layer); but if you pay $5 USD a month, you can put up to 2000 points per map (map layer).

For over 2000 points per map (layer) you must contact Google and talk pricing.

We pay $5 a month for the 2000 points per map (layer) option, so if you want me to display a test map of your buoys for you, please upload a CSV file with 2000 points or less and I am happy to do it for you.

Cheers.

Moderator comments were removed during original forum migration.

Unfortunately Google discontinued this service: