ssh and Mac OSX

Please help if you are familiar with Mac OSX. I downloaded OpenSSH for a newer version of SSH than what comes with OS 10.1. What a mistake! Now every time I try to make a connection to my remote server I get an message that ssh was built against version such and such and I have version such and such else. I have tried to remove all SSH files and reinstal but that didn't work either. I am fairly inexperienced so I need real step by step help.

Download OpenSSH and then compile it....... consider installing the GCC compiler for MAC OS X. Search the forums, this topic (installing GCC for MAC OS X) was recently discussed.

I'd also look at possibly putting Darwin (the underlying OS for OSX, more or less) on a spare box and setting that up to do compiles and such. I think it may serve well for a development area and give you some great opportunities to mess around with the basis for OSX. You can also go and look around for Darwin on google as well, a lot of people were very excited about it for a while and there was some talk of porting it to Intel (but I think that died out). Good luck, and have fun...;

loadc