Slow response from website

Hi,

I am experiencing slow response of unix.com from past 3-4 days.
like-

• most of the time the page does not reload instantly (when I do a manual reload from browser)
  • not able to view graphics. ( displays only text).
  • when posting into forum, the page gets stuck for considerably long time.

Is that true?

Site is running fine and fast from here!

1 Like

He's not imagining it, I regret to say. It took two minutes to get from mouseclick to beginning to load this page, though it loaded decently fast once it did. Things like google were still loading fine in the meantime. It gets so bad that sometimes that vbulletin waits about 5 minues before forgetting what it was doing entirely and handing me a "400 bad request" instead. (a vbulletin page, not an internal webserver error.) I've learned to copy-paste my replies into notepad lest I lose them, and I'm sure I'd be managing accidental quintuple-posts from the retries it sometimes takes to get one in if vbulletin wasn't smart enough to stop me.

I was blaming it on our ISP for a long time, which is flaky in its own right, but right now it's just unix.com that's misbehaving, not the internet at large.

The issue was more than likely our CDN (content delivery network) provider, MaxCDN. I don't see any issues at all from Asia, if fact, it is mostly very fast from here.

If you see the problem again, please post your location and the time in GMT so we can isolate the CDN node that might be causing the slowdown.

Thanks for your help!

Having problems for the last few minutes. There's still still trying to load in a tab even as this is loading instantly. My geographic location is southeastern Saskatchewan, Canada.

looking fine from Boston, MA

Yah.... I'm in Asia and no problems at all.