Resolving problems with web application

Hi,

There is an application that our team uses that has been throwing "Connection Time Out" errors very often.
We want to resolve this problem ASAP, but we are at a dead end of how to go about resolving this problem.

The application that we use is apache-tomcat-6.0.32. In the same server that this version of tomcat runs, we also have applications running on apache-tomcat-7.0.12.
For the latter, there is no connection time out problems. After further investigation, I found an article that says :

So I believe that this is the cause for the problem ?

To resolve this our team has discussed, and the plan is to upgrade the tomcat to tomcat 8, and josso from 1.8 to josso 2. I have started the setup and config of josso2, however now I am stuck at getting the user credentials from our database.
I am sure this will take some time to resolve, although I cannot estimate how long.

Is there a way to temporarily stop the "Connection Time Out" problem? Is it possible to add some values/variables in workers.properties or any other config file in tomcat to resolve this problem temporarily?

What is the exact operating system?