Question Regarding Megabits Drawing

Dear Admins / Mods,

I have been trying my luck with Megabits Drawing few times :wink: but I am not sure how it works! :confused:

I have few questions:-

1. Why this page for me is still showing 3 Lotto & 4 SuperForumLotto purchased even after the drawing date? Isn't that supposed to get reset after the drawing date?
  2. Is there a page where the winning number is announced or displayed?
  3. Is there a thread that explains how this lottery system works?

Regards
bipinajith

Just give it a bit of time for the system to sync, today is the 24th, and the drawing dates are the 23rd and 24th.

Patience.

I have been patient since the last few months. This definitely does not seem to work.

I'd purchased 8 Lotto tickets quite a long time back. And whenever I go to that page, it still shows that I've 8 tickets and the drawing date as the current date.

I had/have the same doubt as that mentioned by bipinajith in 1. But, then I was too lazy to point out this issue.

This surely seems to be a bug.

1 Like

OK will look into this. Thanks.

Update: Added some debug code to the scheduled task that runs the bits drawing.

Thanks for your patience while we debug this.

2 Likes

Have looked into this, and it is not obvious why this feature has developed this bug; but be a conflict somewhere; so I'm thinking it is best for us to return all outstanding investments in this to each member and disable this feature for the time being.

Is that OK with everyone?

Fine with me to disable.
Not sure how much usage there is on this anyways.
Perhaps someone can provide some details...
# tickets bought
amount of prizes awarded

Sure Neo, That's OK with me. Thank you.

Another idea would be to change (internally) the games from "Lottery" type to "Raffle" type. Then, the system should pick one winning number from the numbers picked (purchased) by members and award the entire amount to the winner.

Want to try that instead?

Seems a good idea.

Raffle is fine with me.

OK, I'll switch the two Bits Drawings to Raffles and we'll see what happens!

EDIT: Moved the drawing dates out a few days, changed to raffles, and then I bought a bunch of raffle tickets to add to the jackpot. If I win, I'll distribute the winning to the folks in this thread who hold tickets and have helped debug the drawing system.

2 Likes

The drawing date (29/11/2012) for Lotto is already past. Still nothing... :mad:

EDIT: OK. Seems that the winner is Neo.

Congratulations Neo! :slight_smile:
So are we planning to switch the drawing systems both Lotto & SuperLotto completely to Raffle instead of Lottery or are we working on debugging the drawing systems and fix the issue with Lottery?

I think we should just keep running as a Raffle for now for a couple of reasons:

• The Bits Raffle is working, the Bit Lotto is broken (big reason)
  • I'm not really interesting in debugging this right now (low priority) since the Raffle is working.
  • A Raffle insures a winner each round.
  • We can still debug the Raffle and see how it goes over time.

So, I'll reword it to make it happen.

I actually think a Bits Raffle will be more fun, since we can play the odds against each other versus a random number drawing. Also, added more more raffle for fun.

Edit: Changes made:

Also, if the Bits Raffles proves to be more successful (and I think it will), then I think we will create a full report so members can see the results of all past bits raffles on a report page.

The thing I like about bits raffles is this part:

Odds of winning raffles are based on tickets held compared to total tickets purchased throughout entire community;

1 Like

Neo, I see you won all 3 recent raffles. Is it working as expected or are you working to distribute the winnings as stated earlier?

Pray tell us how much you want :slight_smile: (Joking!)

I'm a bit busy on other projects at the moment and about to jump on a plane soon.... be patient please.

No issues :slight_smile: I was just curious...

Anyway wish you a pleasant flight to Bali...

Thanks!

This month is busy for me, especially with holiday travel, events and work projects.

Thank you for your patience on non-critical forum-related tasks.