Question marks appearing instead of text entered

I have a netscape 4.79 browser for our GUI which connects to a Solaris5.8 box. During peek hours, we see question marks appearing in the screen instead of the text we enter. This results in query failure. This problem does not happen always, and is quite irritating because, we have to close the browser and open a new session for it to go off. Earlier, when we were using Solaris5.6, we had not faced such issues and hence am doubting the OS. Has anyone faced similar issues? Do provide your insughts and suggestions.

Is it a problem on the application itself?

What language (charset)?

I dont think its something with the application, since it was working fine earlier when we were using Solaris5.6 box.
And the values in accept-charset field are: iso-8859-1,*,utf-8
The front-end code majorly consists of applet code, and its in these applet area that we see the issue.

Probably, its a browser problem. Did you try from another browser?

That's why Im isolating out that it might not be an OS issue after all.. :smiley: Good pick though!

The application code has checks to see that all requests come in from Netscape (that was a part of original requirements), so I cant try this from another browser.
What do you think could be the issue with the browser?