Problems filesystem

Hi,

I've a Unixware 7.1.4, the machine has 3 disks, the second disk is not mounted, he said the message "WARNING: msgcnt 2 vxfs: mesg 021: vx_fs_init - /dev/dsk/c0b0t1d0s1 file system validation failure".

I use the fsck command to check and repair, during the pocess apears messages to indicate the blocks and sectors are damaged and I fixed them, after the process fsck indicate the filessytem si sane an ok, but if I tried to mount it, he indicates the filesystem is corrupted you mus be check.

And again to the beginning ...... Any idea????

Thanks....

Journaling file systems often cannot be restored using fsck. In fact, running fsck against some journaling filesystems can cause further damage.

I recommend you look at the vxfs man page on how to recover from a crash.

Hi Neo,

Thanks a lot for your reply, but doesn't works. It happens the same, I can't read the second disk, I can't mount it, I can't to do anything....

The problem is bigger that this disk is to RAID 5 with another disks, te RAID can't to built , that the disk has blocks and bad sectors....

I am going to change this disk to another, but I am going to lose the RAID 5.

Bye ...

Hi,

I had to change Disco 1, now works. But appears another thig, when I reboot the server, appears the console login but no mount any filsesystems, no starts the inet services, ..... all services that are in /etc/init.d doesn't execute.

Appears conolse messages like "/dev/stand if not a fstype" , "bfs : error mount", etc....

What happened now? thanks