Post a Cool Music Video (Part IV)

This thread is a continuation of Post a Cool Music Video (Part I). See How to use YouTube tags for instructions on how to post a video from YouTube. And I will start things off with....

Beyond The Invisible by Enigma

//youtu.be/hx2jrunyGjE

And here is the video that was going to be my first choice. But when I tried it out after I posted the thread, I got a message that "this video is no longer available". But right now it works again. Actually, it seems to be blinking in and out of existence. :confused:

Vaseline Machine Gun by Leo Kottke

//youtu.be/tew_fIhz3eY

I may delete this post if the video doesn't stay resident in our universe.

if you leave - OMD

//youtu.be/XJfKyHR5-1M

telephone line - ELO

//youtu.be/zUpPlzeK7RM

I think many ELO fans out there will like this :wink:

Ok, this isn't exactly a true music video, but The Green Hornet was one of the coolest TV shows ever. Al Hirt was hired to develop a theme for it. It's basically "Flight of the Bumblebee".

Green Hornet Theme by Al Hirt

//youtu.be/uuoNLnrPlFM

Redgum The Diamantina Drover - Song - MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music

Redgum was very popular in the 70's and maybe even in the early 80's but they were more of a political music band than the usual rock band. I almost given up ever hearing this again, it's only recently I rediscovered this by chance as for many years I forgotten it was redgum that sang this and thought it was ReoSpeedwagon instead so I searched and searched everywhere in vain ..... ah well :wink:

Is there some way to hear that? All I see is a way to buy the mp3 from Amazon or iTunes....

Just click the link, it works.

I think you just have to wait for it to load and it will play on it's own. I'm using firefox browser tested from office and home. :smiley:

Usually it takes less than 30secs to load and play but now it's taking ages. It's like the whole unix.com trying to listen to it. :smiley:

There is an embedded flash player, if you have a blocker or a browser without flash it won't work.

The Promise - When in rome

//youtu.be/_unHjRntc9I

Enjoy this classic :slight_smile:

Emma Bunton - What Took You So Long? (Full Video)

//youtu.be/hb8uv4lGnno

Very popular in Thailand these days :slight_smile:

Hotel California by The Eagles

//youtu.be/Ok6MkXfwZq4

@perderabo: oh my, aren't we a bit '68? ;-))

Here is one of my favourite guitar pieces:

Recuerdos de la Alhambra played by Pepe Romero

The version i like most is from John Williams, but Youtube only has it with some commentary, which is quite interesting but disturbs the music. Pepe Romero plays it very well and with great expression. I used to play this piece when i still played guitar (nowadays i take it out every 3-4 months, play it for 5 minutes and put it back, disgusted about my play).

Tarrega, the composer of the piece, was a very tragic person: he singlehandedly revolutionized the playing technique for the instrument as well as (together with Torre) the way the instrument was built. He was regarded as the greatest living master of the guitar at his time but still was not able to give concerts for most of his live because of livelong eye infections.

Recuerdos de la Alhambra (recollections of the Alhambra) is often called Tarregas declaration of love to the instrument.

//youtu.be/Ea4wiCHRuYo

bakunin

As the years go passing by - Gary Moore

//youtu.be/e4Fkx0wAdQM

Originated from Albert King I think and later cover version by Santana & others, but I prefer this. It's quite nice if you like jazz. No video tho just song only.

enjoy

SPG

Steve Lukather "Ever Changing Times"

//youtu.be/CO7e4bYVvaU

Time to close this thread and start Post a Cool Music Video (Part V)