PLINK from Windows not releasing job

Hi all,

I would greatly appreciate some help with this. I may not even be on the right path but I think I am close.

I have a Synology NAS that I am running rsync jobs on to offload to USB3. These work fine.
I have backup software on our Windows Server 2008R2 that I have now realized can launch a script upon completion of the backup job.

On my windows machine, the backup job kicks off a batch file with the contents:

plink.exe myusername@SYNOLOGY -pw mypassword -no-antispoof /volume1/SYSTEM-SCRIPTS/WK0102/rsync_WK0102-OffsiteDev.sh

The command actually runs from windows and works successfully. However, it runs from a Dos box on the Windows Server and that Dos box holds onto the job until completion.

All I actually want to do is have plink launch the remote command on the Synology machine and then release the job and let it run over there. I want the Dos part to then complete.

Any advice would be great. I am happy to use other methods if plink isn't the correct way to go about this.
Thanks in advance

Please describe, without using application names, what exactly you are trying to do.

For example "I want to sync files between a Windows 10 and Ubuntu Linux, where the original files are on Linux"....

Please describe what you are actually trying to do, because I could not really understand easily from your "application centric" problem.

Thanks.

Did you consider windows' START command; eventually with the /B parameter?

START  plink ....