Please remove the word from posts

Hi Sir,

Need your help in removing the following words from the posts .
These are confidential info posted by mistake and our organization is doing an audit on this.

Could you kindly remove as per below.
perl help
please remove the words
LBTCALUSD2
FIDE_SCR
get rid of unwanted lines
please remove the words
FIDE
fistrd01
fmwrpd01

please remove the words itf and ude in the entire post.

thanks
Prabhu

---------- Post updated at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous update was at 05:31 AM ----------

Hi ,

Could anyone please look into this?

thanks a lot
prabhu

Sanitizing confidential information (e.g., hostnames, passwords, and personal e-mail addresses) is something we're happy to help you do.

But, removing random strings is just busywork. The strings that you are asking us to remove in this thread may have a defined meaning inside your company, but in this forum they just appear to be random variable names, directory names, ... that convey absolutely no proprietary information.

And, if we make the changes in the posts you mention, we have to also take the time to track those changes and replicate them in all other posts in those threads so the discussion in the entire thread still makes sense. This expands the busywork.

Therefore, this request is pretty low on my priority list.

Hi Sir ,

I understand that it is a pain for you to remove the words from the post.
I understand that you have the priorities defined.
Since these posts contain the confidential information like (ip address ,hostnames and machine names )
I have raised this request .Going forward I will take care of this and will not repeat again .

It would be great if you could do this .These are the last ones from my side and will not bother again for the same .

Please remove the word from posts

Priority one: Remove highly confidential data

So kindly help resolve this and we are done with it .

thanks for your patience and thanks a lot for your support sofar.

regards
Prabhu.

I have gone through both of those posts and ALL of the threads that they say have to be changed. Not even one of the words that you claim are confidential appear to be confidential in any way. None of them are hostnames, no ip addresses are listed in any of those posts, none of them appear to be machine names, none of them are user names, none of them are email addresses, and none of them appear to be passwords. All of them appear to be directory names, shell variable names,l or perl variable names.

This will be my last response on this topic.

• Don
1 Like

Hi Don,

I already send a private message to this user two days ago and told him that only yearly VIP members can request these types of special changes and edits.

Apparently it was not a critical enough issue for ptappeta or his company to support our community via our VIP membership offering; but he does seem to want to task everyone here to clean up all his prior posts where he received free support from the community,

2 Likes