Please Help Test the Forum Change Email Address Feature

Hi,

I was just working on the new usercp and found that the "change your email address" function does not seem to work. In fact, it seems like it has never worked when I look at the code and the database. There seems to be some code missing from a decade ago, but I could be wrong.

Could one or more of you try to change your email address? You should get an email with an activation id, and the you confirm the change (standard stuff).

Here is the link:

https://www.unix.com/profile.php?do=editpassword

Every time I have tried it today I get a message telling me I am already registered (which I am, of course) and it will not confirm an email address change. Then, I go look at my profile and my email address was the same as before!

If I turn off confirming the email address feature, it works fine; but I don't want to set up the system bypass an email confirmation check, if I can help it.

Thanks!

I've changed my email address twice in the last few weeks; the last time as recently as a week ago. It worked fine.

1 Like

Thanks. Hmmm.... must be something else then.... !!

Back to the drawing board!!!

:frowning:

Yep, just did it again. Worked fine and then went to page inviting me to send a Private Message which I did just specifying 'hicksd8'. The private message alert arrived immediately in my 'new' email inbox.

1 Like

I didn't change my password at the same time but just entered my existing password in the field at the top of the page. It just worked.

Thanks!

I think I am closer to sorting things thanks to your confirmation it works.

That was a big help, confirming it worked, so think I found my mistake.

Update:

UserCP Screeching Frog 0.7492

https://www.unix.com/usercp/#/settings/change-email

I think this new "update email address" page is working OK now:

Yes, thanks.

In the new version of the usercp, I'm separating the functions of changing email and password to two different pages.

Ok I just tried and changed to my unix.com email which sends to my BB... and it works ...
havent tried to change password as I am a bit paranoid now at work finding my PC has been reinstallled and I have lost all my rights and password ( I was off for a week of vacation as someone stolen my fuel tank of my motorbike, only its a veteran and cant find one new... then had extra days off because I hurt myself doing physiotherapy and it added extra 2 weeks off...)

1 Like

This is not the correct behavior (to go back to the "send a PM page", so I just updated it and a few other legacy pages where the redirect did not go to the correct page.

Now, it goes back to the same (legacy) page with a "Update Success" message.

Thanks.