OpenSSH install

I'm trying to install OpenSSH on HP-UX 11.11, so, first of all, I was going to install OpenSSL, but I get an error message during "make test"...

23324:error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded:md_rand.c:503:You need to read the OpenSSL FAQ, http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html
23324:error:04088003:rsa routines:RSA_setup_blinding:BN lib:rsa_lib.c:417:
23324:error:04066044:rsa routines:RSA_EAY_PRIVATE_ENCRYPT:internal error:rsa_eay.c:409:
23324:error:0D0C3006:asn1 encoding routines:ASN1_item_sign:EVP lib:a_sign.c:276:
error using 'x509' to self sign a certificate request
make[1]: *** [test_ss] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openssl-0.9.8g/test'
make: *** [tests] Error 2

This is because there isn't a "randomness device". How can I solve this problem?

I run OpenSSH on both my HPUX 11.11 boxes but I can remember if I had to explicitly install them.

Did you install any GOLD update pack?

The installation from binaries (I found out them on Porting And Archive Centre For HP-UX) now went successfully but...

bash# /usr/local/sbin/sshd
PRNG is not seeded

:frowning:

Did you follow the installation instructions?

Did you read this?

OpenSSL: Support, Frequently Asked Questions

"OpenSSH" != "OpenSSL".

Porter,

Did you read the original error message in the first post????

23324:error:24064064:random number generator:SSLEAY_RAND_BYTES:PRNG not seeded:md_rand.c:503:You need to read the OpenSSL FAQ, http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html

Or did you read this part of the error message???

It directs the user:

Read the entire posts and error messages before putting the trigger... thanks.

Neo

They both use a random number generator device. So what Neo posted is relevant to both. PRNG Not Seeded errors indicate problems with randomness, a simple Google/Yahoo search will unearth mountains of tales for that error message. (if the FAQ is a little hard to chew, of course) :b:

Take care,
grebbux.

In this case, it should be obvious to everyone that the error is generated by OpenSSL. You can read it directly in the error message.

make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/openssl-0.9.8g/test'  

I am amazed at how few people actual read the posts they reply to.