New section

Hi

Just a thought if it already hasn't been suggested.

While looking at the forums I thought it might be a good idea under somewhere like 'special forums' add a section called 'projects'. I think this would be good for people to be able to post projects they have created.

For example I am seeking my own project on converting a Linux box to work as a wireless router with a few hundred meter range. When the project was done I would like to post it up saying how I did it what hardware I used and what distro of Linux and how I configured it etc etc. I think this would be great for other people to use as a reference for people looking at doing similar projects, or for whatever projects people have worked on.

So it would kinda be like a bragging section for what people have done but with the information required to help other people do something like it if they needed to.

Just a thought.

Cheers

EDIT: I'm not going to change the original post but would like to clarify what I meant by the word bragging since a reply to one of my post seems it has been taken the wrong way... I meant it as bragging like hey look what I've done :slight_smile: Hey I've finally worked out why project X wasn;t working and now is... and so on... NOT bragging as in, NANA look what I can do...

I think this is a good idea.

Where should the Project forum go?

Members Only or in the Main public forums?

Do you want us to install the vBulletin Project software extention to support this?

See:

Also, see this features page:

http://www.vbulletin.com/features_project.php

just my thought on this.

i think its a cool idea to make a section where we can talk about our projects and what we are doing. however are people going to take the time for a 2nd documentation structure aside from their own and most likely mandatory project mgmt software they have at work? updating tickets and billing... just wondering if people will really populate that forum. i feel as if sometimes on a project, i'll spend 20% of the time doing the actual project and 80% documenting. obviously thats never fun!! :eek:

We installed new software today to track projects, so if anyone has a project they want to manage and track, let us know and our team will decide if we will open a new project area for you

http://www.unix.com/project.php

At the moment we are only using the software to track internal site issues, feature requests and bugs.