New iMac purported graphic issues

A really silly thing I did about a year ago (probably after one beer too many) was upgrading my perfectly stable Windows XP Pro to Windows Vista. Vista is really getting on my nerves, so I was in Media Markt the other week looking to see if they had Windows 7 Ultimatum in stock.

As I was walking past the Apple section, this iMac looked at me and whispered "buy me" into my ear. I thought "might as well have a look".

First impressions were what a gorgeous looking thing.

So I played with it a bit, fumbled around, found a shell, and typed

$ echo $0
bash

Hmm.

$ ksh
$ echo $0
ksh

"I'll take one!" I mean it's perfect. Unix-based, VM Fusion for inferior, err, other, OS'.

The guy said, "you'd be better waiting, 'cos they're bringing out a new one".

So I goggled it and sure enough. But I've since read (on some Forums) that there are problems somehow with performance in the graphics department (ksh is a monster for that!!!). But no-one could give a definitive answer - was it a Flash thing, a graphic driver thing, a dodgy Snow Leopard installation thing, or even a graphic card thing (and they all seemed to have solutions to their various problems).

Does anyone have one of the new iMacs? If so, is all this a lot of hoo-hah, or is it something to think about?

I have an older 21" iMac and I love it, but wish I had an Intel version vs. the older rapidly obsolete PPC version.

I used to run a development version of these forums on it when I wanted to try something "out of the ordinary" and it was great, a beautiful desktop machine running as a fully functioning LAMP server.