Networking with Win2000

I'm trying to network a windows 2000 computer and a SCO unix machine. I'm able to ping the SCO computer's IP address. However, if I try to ping from the Unix machinge. Only the first packet is received and I then get the error message

"Ping interrupted whilst trying ot reslove IP address. Check Domain Name Resolver (SFF) Config?"

This happens even if I ping myself. Also the Win2000 computer appears not to be able to see the Unix machine.

Can anybody give me a clue what this means or how to fix it as I'm totally new to unix. Thanks

Do you have Samba installed and using it for shares? I'm still new to this but I'm able to get the W2K machines to see me using Samba. I created my shares but now I'm trying to mount the shares off the win2k machines and win98 machines now and I'm having a pain in the @$$ of a time doing it.

I'm trying the following command:

mount -t nfs //othercompsIP/Share //mylocalmount

and I keep getting:

mount: directory to mount not in host:dir format

If you can help me with mine I'll be more than happy to give you feedback with my network.

Kyph

When you mount a filesystem using NFS you must specify the hostname and directory of the filesystem. In the code:

mount -t nfs //othercompsIP/Share //mylocalmount

above... no hostname is specificed (hence the error).

I've tried everything like that. Here are some examples.

mount -t nfs //ip-of-other-comp/share //my-comp's-ip-and/or-name/directory

I've even tried flipping it to where I had my comp first and the share comp last and I still get that error.

I know that the two forward slashes first denote a computer name or IP and I've tried it with and without that information and I still don't get what a valid response.

Kyph

An example in UNIX would be:
mount -t nfs host.domain.com/remote/directory /usr/local/mount/point