My Experience: Samsung Galaxy Phones versus the iPhone6

Just a quick note and not really a detailed review of mobile phones....

I have been a Samsung Galaxy owner since the first Galaxy S came out on the market. On a daily basis I work on two MacBook Air computers; but I wanted the openness of an Android phone; so I bought the Galaxy S, Galaxy S2, Galaxy S3, and Galaxy S5. Of those four mobile phones, my favorite was the Galaxy S3. I skipped the S4. My last Samsung phone was the S5.

Finally, Apple delivered a large screen with the iPhone6; and at the same time, I was having consistent problems with my Galaxy S5. I had to reboot the S5 many times a day as the touch screen just would go bonkers whenever it wanted to which was mostly anytime the screen got a touch of moisture on it.

In a nutshell, I find the iPhone6 to be a much more reliable, attractive and useable phone that the Galaxy phones. The iPhone6 is simply a great phone and I'm so happy to have retired all my Samsung Galaxy phones and do not see any path back to Samsung now. Apple really did a great job with the iPhone6.

What are some of the things that stand out to me as a huge ex-Android fan?

• The iPhone6 is a very attractive phone and feels just right in my hand.
  • TouchID works perfectly and I like that very much.
  • I am OK with the tight integration with iTunes and less flexibility (compared to Android) because so far, the iPhone6 has been very reliable.

I have read many great reviews about the iPhone6 camera, but I found the Galaxy S5 has a far superior camera and takes much better photos than the iPhone6 camera.

So, in a nutshell, I am hooked on the iPhone6 and take it everywhere with me now; but I also take the Galaxy S5 with me, along with the iPhone6, when I need a great camera for night time flash and night mode (no flash) photos. The Galaxy S5 camera is far superior for flash and night mode photos; but other than that, the iPhone6 is a better phone (for me) in most all other aspects.

3 Likes

I am (or maybe was) a dyed in the wool Android and Galaxy fan but I have to admit I am considering jumping back to the world of the iPhone.

I got his instead of smartphone.

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m6TpcD67-qep\_xuT\_SD_tDg.jpg :slight_smile:

My experience is great, it is as close to star trek communicator :), it some sort of Symbian derivative OS, 2 GB card, FM, bluetooth, data, mp3 support.

I'm happy to recycle any discards. I currently drive a Nokia 3410

It's a phone. It can text and it works. Loads of folk here seem to want the latest for no good reason so I'm finding a great line in donating old stuff to charities to re-sell.

My wife has one that we don't exploit really, so there's no point in me spending money when I won't use it.

Robin

1 Like