multiple DISPLAY variables

Hi there,
What I am trying to do is export the same screen to 2 different machines at once.
I know you can use:
DISPLAY=IP:0.0
export DISPLAY

to send a screen to one machine but is there a way to send the screen to two machines at once by a similiar (or completely different, for that matter) method.

Also is it possible to re-direct an active screen on one machine to another machine without shutting the program running the screen down and restarting it?

Off hand, I don't know of any way to do either of the cool things you are thinking about, at least with freeware and boring, out of the box, utilities. Perhaps someone does..... if so, would be much appreciated. However, I'm drawing a blank on this one.

How about this?

If I have say three machines, one from which I want to sed the screens and two that I want to send the screens to.

If the two that I want to sent to have the same IP address (lets say 1.1.1.9) and I set the sending machines DISPLAY variable to

DISPLAY=1.1.1.9
export DISPLAY

Do you think it would send the screen to both(as it thinks they are the same machine?)

No, that will not work. TCP/IP binds to MAC addresses at the hardware layer. You can't do what you are trying to do with standard TCP/IP network connections.

You might be able to set up a completely different mechanism using streaming video and web browsers.... just a thought.