Link to show my kind of question

Members who crossed 100s in answering might have felt this already:

This forum has many topics, nobody could be expert in all ( is it not !!), so i suggest there should be someway to see the posts which are all of my kind.

How to find my kind ... ( or anybodies expertise )..
after 100 posts of an user, you could be able to find out what kind of user he is ?!?!

Also, if he wants to read all the posts, it should be possible like as of now. I strongly believe, this would be of great use to forum staffs/moderators and admins....

IMO -

I think your question may be ill-posed.

Here's why by example-

We have people here who have worked for a long time with, say, Oracle programming.
We get questions everywhere in almost all forums about it. 80% of the time the question never includes the word oracle. So to do a better find on that topic would require searching on other words like:

sql, tablespace, sqlplus, indexed row, Pro*C (spelled many ways) and so on.

However most of these terms are not limited to oracle. So. This is not a simple problem to solve. Suppose I am an Oracle guru, how do I find all of the posts that involve Oracle? I honestly don't know. I am going to get Postgres or MS sql or Sybase questions, too, for most generalized queries.

Plus, most programmers having worked with unix for 4-5 years are likely to have good general knowledge in Unix tools, with really in-depth knowledge about something like awk, vi, or shell scripting. So, expertise is spread like a shotgun pattern for any one poster: a lot of full misses, partial hits, and a few bullseyes.

As people learn how to ask questions they get better search results. The majority of first time posters are new to Unix. So, their questions are fuzzy sometimes. To say the least.

Disagree and and agree with jim mcnamara.

Most people who post here have little idea how to title, phrase or tag their question. If they knew that much about Linux/Unix they would be asking much more "experienced" questions.

Getting people to simply format their post property is like herding cats. Trying to classify posts using simple tags is nearly the same.

Hmmm, for this i had given the answer already.

There can be another menu / link as i said, and other menus can be as it is.

Finding out 'anybodies kind of expertise' is definitely a tough job. And again it is my suggestion to have such a menu .. it is the forum people discussion & decision.

If you want to classify posts, you can use the tagging system.

is there a "selfrating" system for vbulletin? if yes, every user (who want's to) can prepare a litte "skill matrix" with a rating (1 = beginner; 10 = expert). something like:
unix -> solaris -> 3 (which means advanced-beginner... or something like that).

from this matrix you get a "skil tag" under your username.

Maybe.... someone can search www.vbulletin.org.

In the meantime, why not add to your profile if you want?

Also, if you are looking to list your own skills and interests, why not use the About Me section of your user profile?

Here is an example:

If necessary, I think we could easily add a:

My Skills area there.

BTW, I do like the idea of a "Skills Matrix" and hope someone can find one from vbulletin.org because I don't want to write more code these days.

what about a 'thread rating' what leads automatically to the 'experts' - kind of this ?

Kind regards
zxmaus