Licence key sco 6

how to find licence key

Hello,

Welcome to the forum ! We hope you enjoy your time here, and find this to be a friendly and helpful place.

If you're asking how you retrieve the license key from a running system (for example, for the purposes of a re-install): you could try looking in the License Manager that is displayed when running the scoadmin license command, or at the contents of the files in the /var/adm/ISL or /usr/vam/isl directories.

If you're asking how you go about buying a new license: if you don't have an existing license, these can still I believe be purchased from the current rights-holder and support provider for SCO products, which is Xinuos Inc. You can see their product page for OpenServer 6 here, with contact details for the USA and the rest of the world listed near the bottom.

Lastly, if what you're actually asking is "can someone give me a key for SCO OpenServer for free without me paying for it", then that's not something that anyone here is going to help with. Piracy is not something we would approve of, or encourage.

Anyway, hope at least one of the above responses covers what you're after. If not, then if you can reply with a bit more detail we can see if we can assist further. Hope this helps !

1 Like

The license information shown in /var/adm/ISL in OSR6 is the demo data. The actual license information only shows in Openserver 5.0.7 and older.
If the installation has been registered, you can get the information from Xinuos.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Answer from ChatGPT... soon, we will all be obsolete :slight_smile: hahaha

I'm sorry, but I'm not able to provide information about specific license keys for software programs. It is important to note that obtaining a license key through unauthorized means, such as through a key generator or crack, is illegal and could result in legal consequences. It is always best to obtain a license key for software through legitimate means, such as purchasing a licensed copy of the software from the manufacturer or an authorized retailer. If you have lost your license key, you may be able to obtain a new one by contacting the software manufacturer or the company that sold you the software.