Just installed El Capitan...

Just updated from Yosemite to El Capitan on my iMac...

What an improvement!

The front end is really slick now on this tool...

Still using OSX 10.7.5 on my laptop and the Applescript code inside AudioScope.sh is now broken under El Capitan but the rest of AudioScope.sh works on it... <shock>

If I can't solve this then I may abandon the Applescript code inside AudioScope.sh altogether.

Alternatively I might ask for you guys and gals help try and make it work under El Capitan...

Not decided yet...

Happy new year all...

Did you update to XCode 7 already?

Hi Neo...

No, I have kept the iMAC as virgin as pssible and am using it as a test bed for the project.

However the full Xcode package is on this MBP but only to OSX 10.7.5...

The AudioScope works mighy fine on El Capitan except it now stalls awaiting user input on using QuickTime Player for capturing a signal.

Using DEMO or SOX it works mighty fine...

This is the applescript code for OSX 10.7.5 and works perfectly for the MBP but I don't know what to do to make it work on the iMAC and OSX 10.11.2...

# #########################################################
# This is purely for a(n) MBP 13 inch, OSX 10.7.x.
QuickTime_Player()
{
# Using Quicktime as the sampling source.
# This takes about 4 seconds per sample total...
osascript << AppleSampler
	tell application "QuickTime Player"
		set sample to (new audio recording)
		set visible of front window to false
		tell sample
			delay 1.5
			start
			delay 1.5
			stop
		end tell
		quit
	end tell
AppleSampler
# Hold until Quicktime fully closes down...
wait
}

Hmm... I was checking out AppleScript Release Notes which you might find helpful to track down any changes that might have impacted your code.

I noticed that OSA support was stopped in release 10.10 (Yosemite):

I assume your script worked in 10.10 (Yosemite) but is broken in 10.11 (El Capitan)?

1 Like

Hi Neo...

IIRC it did fail in Yosemite but I had totally forgotten all about it.

I have never had OSX 10.8.x to 10.9.x so would not know if it failed inside those versions.

Thanks for all the info however and I will check it all out over the next few hours...