Jupiter and Venus

It was rainy and overcast here in Washington DC area tonight, so I couldn't see the planets. But I'll keep looking over the next few days. If you haven't heard about the planets being in conjunction, see this: Earth & Sky | Tonight

I guess this only applies to the northern hemisphere though? Can anyone south of the equator comment?

Yesterday evening when I took a bus home I peered through the windows I saw the eclipse of the moon with two bright spots on each side. I thought they were some stationary satellites or the like until I saw the news. I think you meant this. I didn't take photo for that as I was not expecting it.

The image of a face didn't came to my mind, but no doubt it could be observed very easily and managed to catch my attention despite I was quite drowsy. The sky has been very clear over these few days, a phenomenon that is scarce here for so long. It looked perfect.

It was rainy and overcast in Bangalore as well, last night. I hope to see it today.

I had a great view last night. Venus steals the show... it looks more like an aircraft or something. That's not a lunar eclipse though... an eclipse wouldn't last more than an hour or two and you start and end with a full moon.

It was beautiful in the Chiang Mai, Thailand evening sky last night! Looked like two eyes and a smiling face, very unusual.

Sorry with the wrong term - I meant a "crescent" but not sure why the word "eclipse" came to mind instead. Probably because I was using the Eclipse IDE when I was typing. :o

sky was clear in Pune and the sight of the moon was nice to watch :slight_smile:

I have bee seeing Jupiter and Venus every night for over 2 or 3 weeks in the
same positions in sky here in Florida.

First Venus was to lower left of Jupiter, then center, and now Venus is to the
lower right.

It only lasts from 8:00 to 11:00 or so and then it goes under horizon, but
it is the best seen of planets I have seen in a long time.

People below equator must have more time to see.