Installing Apache,PHP and MySQL on IBM AIX

Installing Apache,PHP and MySQL on IBM AIX

@bephelps ,

Welcome, we hope you find the forum helpful.

What are your questions, is this how you normally engage ?

[Installing Apache,PHP and MySQL on IBM AIX]
(Installing Apache,PHP and MySQL on IBM AIX)
I need help Installing Apache,PHP and MySQL on IBM AIX 7.1. I need all the RPM to start the install.
Does anyone have all the RPM software.

What versions of the particular packages are you looking for? Try a Google search for the versions you need.

Hello,

I don't have all the RPMs, but I can tell you who does - IBM. More specifically, IBM host a collection of open source software pre-compiled in RPM binary package format for AIX which it calls the AIX Toolbox for Open Source Software. A quick Google for that should take you to the page, but for your convenience:

AIX Toolbox for Open Source Software

You'll find many of the more common open-source packages pre-built here in RPM format, ready to download and install. Dependency resolution is something you'll either have to handle manually (in other words, download an RPM, try to install it, see what other packages you need first, download them, and repeat until you have everything you need), or use IBM's provided dnf_aixtoolbox.sh script, which will set up dnf for you to do open source package management.

Note that you won't get IBM vendor support for these - from IBM's point of view, they're worth exactly what you paid for them - but they should work, and IBM do put effort into maintaining the Toolbox (and more recently providing a dependency resolution front-end via dnf).

Anyway, see how you get on with that, and let us know if you still have issues. Hope this helps !

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.