import data files from Unix to Windows?

Hi,
Is there any way to import data files from Unix system to Windows system?
I have many data files on Unix machine generated every night.
I need to pick certain data from each file and plug them into this windows file on the network share drive.
Anyone has any idea?

Thanks in advance!

If you want to transfer the files from remote directory on unix onto local directory on windows or viceversa,one way is to download WinSCP .Thats what im using right now.

Samba.

thumsup9's idea is fine.
But I am looking for an automated process.
Is there any command or utility within Unix to allow me to export data file from Unix to Windows' shared drive's certain folder?
If I can get all the data files automatically exported to the windows directory, I can use VB program handle it from there.

?

As Neo says, Samba.

With Samba, you can script the transfer...

smbmount \\\\mywinbox\\sharename /mnt
cp my_file /mnt
smbumount /mnt

There we have it, the file is on the windows box.

Cheers
ZB

Yes, i know Samba..but i cannot add a third party application. Is there an answer out there that does not include, Samba, Sim(something) or FTP(not SOXS compliant in my world. And Yes i did do a seaarch.

When you say Unix, what version/distro? Solaris/Linux/HP-UX/etc...

With what has been said before Samba would be the best way and write a scrite then to do what you are after.

From what you say you can't install any 2rd party software. If it is an important task explain this to the Unix Admin and then he'll setup Samba for you. If your teh Unix admin explain what is going on to your boss then also explain why 3rd party software is needed for this process.

we can use filezilla for it

if your 'data' is in text format use the command:

unix2dos -n old_file new_file

make sure to rename the file or you lose everything.
the -n usage is particularly for this. dos2unix works the other way.
peace