IBM eServer X 335 stops boot process at Server splash screen

Hi there.
I used to use linux a lot a number of years ago but it has been quite a while so ?I really consider myself a beginner again.

I have an old IBM eServer X Series 335 machine and I want to get it back up and running for a number of reasons. I knew that one of the SCSI drives was bad and was wanting to replace it so booted up the machine. However, to be expected, the CMOS battery was dead so I replaced it. Now, when the machine boots, it gets as far as the eServer splash screen and the bios version, which is 1.12 and I cannot get into the bios at all. I have been searching the web for bios software for it but having trouble. I did get a bootable CD of it but server will not boot from CD and truthfully I am not even sure if I truly need to re-install the bios. So, I really would appreciate any kind of help with this as I would love to get this up and running.

Cheers and thank you
Dave

I don't recall vendors like AIX making the BIOS for their board available publicly (especially 15 years ago).

Are you trying to get AIX up and running or are you going to try another operating system?

What exact operating system and version number are on the box now?

Hi Neo and thanks for your reply. I am not trying to get AIX up on the machine. It came with CentOS and I believe that is still what is on there. As far as the OS version, not too sure but maybe 6 or possibly 7. Main bios is 1.12 and backup bios is 1.08.

Dave