IBM AIX 7.1 gcc 4.8.3 - Error: 0509-036 Cannot load program /opt/freeware/libexec/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix7. 1.0.0/4.8.3/cc1

Hi,

My IT Executives recently reported that he encountered error when executing a compiler as below.
I have reviewed some related topics but was not able to find resolutions to it. Seeking experts for workaround and solutions.

System is running on AIX 7.1.0.0.

0509-036 Cannot load program /opt/freeware/libexec/gcc/powerpc-ibm-aix7. 1.0.0/4.8.3/cc1 because of the following errors:
0509-150 Dependent module libgmp.a(libgmp.so.3) could not be loaded.
0509-022 Cannot load module libgmp.a(libgmp.so.3).
0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exi st.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum ! We hope you find this to be a friendly and helpful place. One thing to check: do you have the variable LIBPATH set when you are trying to run your compiler, and if so, does one of its directories actually contain libgmp ? If not, then try either expanding LIBPATH to include the directory the library is in, or (perhaps a better bet) try un-setting LIBPATH or setting it to an empty string, and re-running your compiler to see if it can pick up on the libraries it needs using the normal system-provided methods.

If neither of these options help, or if LIBPATH is either not set or is 100% definitely set correctly, then please let us know and we can take things from there.

1 Like

@izzool , in addition to the good advice given by @drysdalk , can you confirm the file actually exists on the system and that its accessible by the 'IT Executive' thats attempting to run the program

thks

Good day experts.
I will further check with my IT Team on this.
Will keep you’ll posted.

Hi Support,

After doing a thorough check, it is found of incompatible gmp file. While the gcc version is 4.8.3 and gmp files are latest version 6.2.1. So we decided to install newer version of gcc. Hope this resolve the issue.

Thanks for the quick responses.
This topic can be archived.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback.

1 Like