I have installed Snow agent in Linux VM but status is not showing

I have installed snow agent version 6.6.1 in Linux VM . I can see the version but however when I use # systemctl status snow-agent to see the status of whether it running or not, its not showing up. Can someone help and suggest on this. Thanks

[root@ause1qlnslfe01 ~]# rpm -qa | grep snow
snowagent-6.6.1-1689898818.x86_64

[root@ause1qlnslfe01 ~]# systemctl status snowagent
Unit snowagent.service could not be found.
[root@ause1qlnslfe01 ~]# systemctl status snow-agent
Unit snow-agent.service could not be found.

This would tend to imply that the package in question does not include a SystemD-compatible service as part of its contents. What does the documentation for this software say, in terms of how you start or stop it, or check it status once it is running ?

In any case you can check the contents of the installed RPM with rpm -ql snowagent, which will list all files and directories that this package installed on your system. You should be able to see in that list anything that looks like a startup script or control binary, if the contents do not include a service definition for SystemD.

1 Like
  1. Check systemd service units which can be a Snow service: systemctl list-units -at service | grep -i snow
  2. Check snowagent package provided files which can be a systemd service unit: rpm -ql snowagent | grep '\.service$'

If you find nothing, hopefully the package doesn't configure a service. Maybe an auxiliary package does.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.