How to sort list of directories in descending order in perl?

Hi,
I have a problem . I have few directories like inpTDT_1, inpTDT_2, inpTDT_3 and so on inside HOME directory . In one of my perl script (which is in my HOME), the above directories like inpTDT_1, inpTDT_2, inpTDT_3 are sorting out in an order So I wanted to sort all the inpTDT_1, inpTDT_2, inpTDT_3 and so on directories in Descending order . based on _* Value .How can I do that ???
Please give fast Response.

FYI,

foreach $regress_dir (<$wdir/regress_*>) {
        if (-e "$regress_dir/$vdb_dir") {
            $cov_dirs = sprintf "$regress_dir/$vdb_dir $cov_dirs";
            print "Regress_directories are $cov_dirs and loop_variable is $regress_dir \n";
} else {}

You should provide definitions of all variables, exactly to get the best solution / help:

Put in code what you say in your description, please.

For example, in your code fragment $wdir is defined where? What exact version of PERL are you running. For example:

macos$ perl --version

This is perl 5, version 18, subversion 4 (v5.18.4) built for darwin-thread-multi-2level
(with 2 registered patches, see perl -V for more detail)

Copyright 1987-2013, Larry Wall

You want us to assume that $wdir is correctly defined as your home directory, is that right?

Where do you say that in your post?

Please be precise and clear. Define all variable in your code. Details matter. Versions matter. Even OS can matter....

Anyway, assuming $wdir is your current working directory.... the perhaps you can benefit from this PERL page:

readdir - perldoc.perl.org