How much snow do you have where you are?

It was shaping up to be another snowless holiday season and then it just began snowing, slowly, but continuously for the last 2 days, with no sign of stopping. We're up to 2 feet now, 4 in some places -- like in front of my workplace's door... I had to walk to work, following the ruts in the road!

Exactly zero inches! Forecast for the next five days, average 25 C. Around 40% chance of rain.

Supposedly tons but nothing yet; still forcasting but nothing yet.

nothing here in vienna/austria..... but already heard about snow here, but not much...

gP

None here either.

No snow here. Also, none forecasted.

Since I have "Rockville, Md" in my profile, you have some idea of what I mean by "here". And in case you don't know where Rockville is, it might help to know that Rockville is a few miles north of Washington, DC. Those of you who do not have any location info in your profile might consider mentioning the location along with the weather report. :slight_smile:

I live in a place where there will never be snow.

But I'm in Toronto now for a trip now. Soon after I leave this weekend, there may be lots of snow and temp drops to -10 Celsius then.

I'm currently in Fairfax VA... (no snow in forecast), heading to Palo Alto CA (no snow in forecast there) and then to Bangkok Thailand (no snow there!!!)

No snow in Bangalore, India. And none expected for years to come!!

No snow yet, but ours is due around January/February in the San Gorgonio Pass area of Southern California...

Still no snow in South Dakota, USA; still forcasted; still waiting.

Where I live (New Mexico) weather=elevation.

I live at about 6000' - we got about 2 inches last week, but it's long gone. Down lower in Albuquerque (5000') there was none. Santa Fe at 7100' had about 8 inches.
It's still hanging around the North side of buildings. And this is all within 40 miles.

Basically if you want snow go up; warmth and dry go down. You get to choose.

That is my situation; 25 miles west of Palm Springs yet we are at 2,500 feet elevation and will get several snowfalls starting as soon as Thanksgiving and as late as Easter. Not much, ranging between one to two inches and gone within the afternoon... but still snow ! I've been in the area since '74 and every four years on average would get a one to two footer.

There is a LOT of misconception about California.

No snow in Sofia, Bulgaria, just a few little tiny snowflakes :slight_smile:

Phoenix is surprisingly snow free as well :wink:

Finally, less than 1/4" of snow in South Dakota, USA. I had no problem walking and driving through it :rolleyes:

no snow in brazil
only a hell sun of 37 celsius

A bunch here now. Officially 10" as of last newcast (that's north of Denver, south is usually a lot more).

Pics are at my site: http://www.schelin.org/20061220/index.html

I do a running pic gallery so you can see the effects at various times of the day. We'll see how well the night pics do :slight_smile:

Carl

Dang BOFH, It must be cold there. The bird on you front porch appears to be frozen... LOL.... :stuck_out_tongue:

Snow... It's that cold wet stuff right??? It was 77 in Dallas over the weekend, had to turn on the AC.

Yep. No problem though. In a week or so it'll all be gone. And since I admin from home, it's not a problem for me :slight_smile: I can sit in the nice warm house and watch the fun.

The most fun though is taking the motorcycle out for a spin. Now that's interesting :smiley:

Carl