Help understanding a line in makefile

I have a big makefile that I am trying to get my head around, this line is what is confusing me.

LDFLAGS = -Wl,-rpath-link,$(SYSROOT)/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf,-rpath-link,$(SYSROOT)/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --sysroot=$(SYSROOT) -L$(SYSROOT)/lib -L$(SYSROOT)/usr/lib -L$(SYSROOT)/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -B$(SYSROOT)/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -dynamic -lpthread

I know roughly the purpose of LDFLAGS, but I struggle following the chain of variables in this linker flag expression. It seems like there is unnecessary repetition and that confuses me slightly. I need to modify that makefile to include shared library that the manufacturer of the embedded system has made. The line below is what is only provided in the software manual for that system,

PC$ arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -Wall -mthumb -mthumb-interwork -D_REENTRANT -oowa4x_AN3 ./*.cpp -ldl -lpthread -lGSM_Module

I'd like to include lGSM_Module in the above LDFLAGS variable. I have tried this, but successfully.

LDFLAGS = -Wl,-rpath-link,$(SYSROOT)/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc,-rpath-link,$(SYSROOT)/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf --sysroot=$(SYSROOT) -L$(SYSROOT)/lib -L$(SYSROOT)/usr/lib -L$(SYSROOT)/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -B$(SYSROOT)/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -dynamic -lpthread -shared -oowa4x_AN3 -ldl -lpthread -L/lib -lGPS2_Module

Is this a typo?

Yes, it was meant to be unsuccessfully.

The first thing I would do, if it was me, is to locate where the IGM_Module is located (exactly) in your filesystem.

Did you do that?

I did, but I found two instances for each applicable library.

1) libGSM_Module.so in the /lib/

2) libGSM_Module.so.0.0.0 in the /lib/owasys

owasys is the name of the system manufacturer.

Is the file without the 0.0.0 a symbolic link to the one with the 0.0.0 in the filename?