Help! Slow Performance

Is the performance now very, very slow (pages take a very long time to load)? Or is it just me?

Neo

no, it is the same speed.... fast enough...

i tried phpBB (+ mysql) on an old sparcstation5 (110Mhz+256MB+Solaris8)... for 50 :slight_smile: users, the performance was ok... now i use an ultra5 (270Mhz+512MB+Solaris9+phpBB+mysql)... let's see how it works....

what are you using for this forum?

greetings Pre�y

Something is wrong, but I can't find the error. It now takes 2-3 minutes to load pages from my site to this one; but the speed is the same (very fast cable modem speed) to other sites like CNN, etc.

This Linux server is on an older ASUS K7 board with a 950 MHZ Athlon CPU with 512 MBs.

The problem, I thought, was disk errors causing poor server response, but if you say it is 'still good' I'm confused.

Something is wrong, but I can't pinpoint the problem!

Neo

I've always accessed this site using DSL at home and a T1 at work, and both have been loading fast as usual...

Should be faster now. I just completely rebuilt the server to an Athlon 2500+ and put all new drives in. Also upgraded the RAM to 1GB.

The root drive crashed after years of service and had to be replaced.

Warm Regards, Neo

The biggest variant I've found in loading speed has to do with which theme I've selected and what browser I'm using. On the older Netscapes at work, the Silk Road theme is the best blend of looks and performance. Some of the niftier themes require a lot more time to load a page (whether an index or a thread).

I use the Silk Road theme and the vB Grey theme.

Neo