First Alpha Release: Discourse OpenAI ChatBot

Hi All,

After a few days of working on this, I have the alpha release of OpenAI ChatBot for Discourse. According to my search of the network this is the first Discourse plugin for OpenAI and ChatGPT. I seriously doubt it will be the last :slight_smile: The OpenAI ChatBot is based on the same AI mode (text-davinci-003) as ChatGPT, but is not as mature of course.

At this time, the OpenAI Chatbot will only reply under the following conditions:

1. Replies only to the first post in a new topic only.
  2. Replies only in the openai-chatgpt category

This OpenAI chatbot does not work nearly as robustly as ChatGPT for many reasons. ChatGPT is a fully developed and tested OpenAI application. ChatGPT formats output nicely including markdown around code, etc.

This Discourse OpenAI Chatbot was written in about a day and a half (from scratch, by @Neo ) and is missing a lot of the features of a more mature, beta, ChatGPT.

However, it's a start.

You are welcome to try it out. Seems to work, but as mentioned, it is very immature compared to ChatGPT, but it uses the same underlying API.

See Also:

Dev References

https://community.unix.com/t/status-plugin-development-testing-500-errors/389575

Note:

I need to create a new user for this chatbot, because it is not "ChatGPT". It's a less mature chatbot based on the same OpenAI model; but it is very immature compared to ChatGPT.

2 Likes

TODO:

1. DONE: Change Bot User to OpenAI_ChatBot
  2. Add "shebang" like directives to permit user to select OpenAI model.

Note, I was able to format the code block using markdown by instructing OpenAI to do so.

Question:

Write a hello world program in Python and format the code block using markdown triple back ticks.

Results:

See:

1 Like

After some experimentation, I'm not sure if we should add the ability for the user to choose different OpenAI models.

For now, it appears that text-davinci-003 (GPT-3) is the best for a forum-style chatbot. More later.

1 Like

Check this out.

https://youtu.be/Rp3A5q9L_bg

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.